John Carpenter is an American director, producer, composer and screenwriter. His net worth is $35 million. His filmography includes Halloween, The Fog, The Thing, Dark Star, Assault on Precinct 13, Starman, Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, Escape from L.A., Village of the Damned, They Live, Prince of Darkness, Vampires, In the Mouth of Madness, Ghost of Mars and The Ward.
John Carpenter is a master horror director. He made the movie Halloween on a budget of $325,000 which went on to gross $70 million. Halloween is considered one of the greatest horror movies of all time.
John Carpenter has influenced many directors including Quentin Tarantino, James Cameron, Adam Wingard, Ben Wheatley, Guillerma del Toro, Nicolas Winding Refn, James Gunn, Duffer Brothers, Edgar Wright, Drew Goddard, Keith Gordon, Robert Rodriguez, Jeff Nichols and Jack Thomas Smith.
John Carpenter Net Worth 2017
John Carpenter has a net worth of $35 million.
John Carpenter Trivia
- He has expressed an interest in making a movie on Dead Space video game.
- John is a fan of the Quartermass movies.
- He is a big fan of Howard Hawks, The Beach boys and Sergio Leone.
- Turned down the offer to direct Top Gun, The Exorcist III, Zombieland and Fatal Attraction.
- His favorite movie genre is Western.
- John stated in an interview that he almost directed Tombstone (1993).
John Carpenter Stats
Full Name: John Howard Carpenter
Birth Date: January 16, 1948
Birth Place: Carthage, New York
Profession: Director, producer, composer, screenwriter, musician, editor
Height: 6 ft
Marital Status: Married
Partner: Sandy King
Wikipedia Page: Here
You May Also Like: Oliver Stone, Michael Bay