Martin Scorsese is an American film director ,producer and screenwriter with a net worth of $70 million. He has directed several acclaimed movies including Mean Streets, Alice doesn’t live here anymore, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Casino, Raging Bull, Hugo, The Color of Money, After Hours, The Last Temptation of Christ, Kundun, The Age of Innocence, The King of Comedy, The Wolf of Wall Street, Shutter Island, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, Bringing out the Dead, The Departed and Silence.
He won the Oscar for Best Director award for The Departed in 2007. Martin’s movies have 80 Oscar nominations and 20 Oscar wins. He has collaborated with Robert De Niro 8 times and with Leonardo DiCaprio 5 times. Martin Scorsese is a living legend and have been honored with many awards including AFI Life Achievement award. He is considered to be one the greatest directors of all time.
Table of Contents
Martin Scorsese Net Worth 2017
Martin Scorsese has a net worth of $70 million.
Martin Scorsese Earnings
|Gangs of New York (2002)||$6 million (paid $3 million back due to budget overruns)|
|Shutter Island||$3.5 million|
|Hugo (2011)||$10 million|
Martin Scorsese Trivia
- One of the 50 people banned from Entering Tibet. This is due to his film Kundun.
- He taught filmmakes Oliver Stone and Spike Lee at New York University.
- Martin is of Italian descent.
- He was inspired by The Magic Box (1951) to become a director.
- Martin has a phobia of flying on aeroplanes.
- He and Robert De Niro were brought up in same neighbourhood but never met until they were young.
Martin Scorsese Stats
Full Name: Martin Charles Scorsese
Birth Date: November 17, 1942
Birth Place: Queens, New York City, New York
Profession: Director, actor, producer, screenwriter
Height: 5 ft 4 in
Religion: Roman Catholic
Marital Status: Married (5 times)
Partner: Helen Morris
Wikipedia Page: Here